Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Making Memories




So, my phone rang yesterday...and it was Ben. He asked if the next turn was "his turn" to come to my house (without his brothers). I said yes...and he said, "What time are you going to pick me up...and what are we going to do?" Ben is smooth! Needless to say, I went to pick him up. Another visit full of hot dogs, ice cream, bike rides, the park, movies, plus we put together and painted a model airplane.

I had a chance to talk to my cousin Bruce online a few weeks ago. What a blessing that was. I used to love visiting him and his family in Kentucky. We were always made to feel welcome...and Aunt Nannie could make the best breakfasts! And she used to let me get the dried apples from her freezer and hold them in the fire place with stick to warm them up to eat. One of my most cherish memories as a teenager was swimming in Cumberland Lake with Bruce...who we called Junior back then. Bruce has since moved to New Jersey and I hadn't talked to him in years...and one of the first things he asked was if I remembered our swimming in Cumberland Lake. How funny, I never in a million years thought he would have remembered....
I hope Ben, Caleb and Eli will remember the things we did together.

No comments:

Post a Comment