I wrapped the pattern around the holder and marked the length, leaving a slight overlap, then cut away the excess paper.
Looking through my stash, I chose a beautiful Bali. I decided on a Bali print because it doesn’t really have a “wrong” side and would look good on each side of the glass. I used the pattern to cut the fabric pieces.
I watered down some Aleene’s OK to Wash-It Glue (29977) to a 3 part glue/1 part water ratio. (You really need permanent glue that dries clear and I really like this one for fabrics. Washable school glue is not recommended.)
Using a sponge brush, I applied the glue mixture on the outside of the candle holder. Then I carefully applied the fabric around the candle holder.
After smoothing the edges and ends, I brushed another coat of the glue mixture on top of the fabric. I wiped away the drips of glue with a wet towel and set them in the sun to dry.
Ta Da!The possibilities are endless! You could use undiluted Aleene’s OK to Wash-It Glue (29977) to add ribbon, cording, buttons, charms, etc! I love the way the Bali looks like stained glass!
And yes, the unfinished floor cloth is in the background awaiting my return. But first, I think I’ll head for the nearest Goodwill Store and see if I can find some more candle holders to cover!